Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Instagram Tuesdays....Are You on Instagram Yet?



'Raven Study in Blue'          6x6          pastel          ©Karen Margulis
available for purchase in my etsy shop  $50
My head is spinning. I have so many ideas and things I want to do now that I am back from IAPS and my schedule is moving into slower gear. The first thing I need to do is give my studio and annex room a good cleaning. It is in dire need of some organization after a very busy few months.

I also want to organize my blog  to make it more efficient to post interesting and useful information. I am going to TRY to keep a schedule of various post topics. This summer Tuesdays will be devoted to Instagram. 

INSTAGRAM TUESDAYS

Are you on Instagram yet?  If not I urge you to join the fun. It is a wonderful social media platform that is perfect for artists. On Instagram you follow who you want and only see those posts. It is easy to curate your feed to include only art. Imagine scrolling through beautiful images from your favorite artists. That's it. No politics or drama or unwanted intrusions. Give it a try.

 I would like to share Instagram with you. Every Tuesday I will share something from Instagram that I find inspiring. Feel free to share your favorite Instagram artists with me as well.


If you are on Instagram I'd love to follow you.  Follow me and leave a comment for me on Instagram and I will follow you back. www.instagram.com/karenmargulis
If you aren't on Instagram yet get the app for your phone and join the fun!


'Raven Study in Yellow'      5x7        $50

'Raven Study I'         5x7        pastel       ©Karen Margulis      $50 


Today I painted some ravens. I was inspired by seeing a raven at the top of Sandia Crest in Albuquerque. We don't have ravens in Georgia and they fascinate me. Some of you asked how I got the shot below that I shared on Facebook and instagram. Read on for the answer.


I was taking photos of a raven who had perched on a branch at the overlook at Sandia Crest. I had taken several of the wind ruffled raven and just so happened to be snapping a photo when he took off. It was a lucky shot. I cropped the photo and removed some foliage to make it appear as if I was flying right behind the raven! You can see Albuquerque underneath the raven in flight!

original uncropped photo

1 comment:

Gayle said...

OMG! Love love love those birds! And that cropped photo gives an awesome bird's eye view - almost surreal as in a scene from Harry Potter. I've only been following you for about 2 years and this is my first time seeing your bird paintings. Really enjoy all your work as well as your live studio tutorials on Facebook. Thank you so much for sharing.