Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Workshop Report Day Two


It was another busy day. We started the morning with more Underpainting fun. I began with s demo of an alcohol wash for a marsh scene. I love painting marshes for a demo because they provide material for much good landscape information. I try to fit in as much information as I possibly can!


After lunch we switched gears and tried extreme Underpainting which really isn't that extreme....just a simple way to start a painting. 
This evening was the reception for the Piedmont Pastel Society's Calendar show which I had the honor of judging. That was hard! There were so many great paintings. This is a great pastel Society and I love sharing with them. Now off to bed because tomorrow is another full day!
 

 

2 comments:

Karen said...

Karen, as I have been exploring your blog, I have seen many tips and demos that are truly helpful to a beginner like me. I began trying to follow your lesson by painting the same picture as you have done, then I began to wonder if that is okay. I have taken some online painting classes where we do paint from the demo, but I want to check with you to see how you feel about it.

Thanks for sharing your techniques and tips!

Karen said...

Thank you Karen! I appreciate you asking I don't mind as long as they are for personal use only. Thanks again for asking.