Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Back From Nature ... A Plein Air Pastel Retreat

   

I have returned from nature! I am in Santa Fe getting ready to head home to Georgia tomorrow. It was a wonderful week at the monastery in Pecos New Mexico. Internet was spotty so I took a break from the blog to concentrate on the workshop and what a workshop it was!  I had 18 eager and talented artists join me for 4 days of plein air painting surrounded by spectacular scenery.


I was thrilled to have several artists from last years workshop return as well as two artists from my art cruise. It was also fantastic to welcome new friends. We had a great group and their enthusiasm was contagious. In the photo above we are posing after receiving a special treat. Terry Ludwig generously sent a box of pastel hearts with one of our Colorado artists. Everyone was thrilled with them and I know that orders will be placed. Thank you Terry!


The nice thing about having the workshop at the monastery was having all of our needs taken care of. We stayed on the property to paint and ate all of our meals together. We had a big common room available for demos, lessons and sharing. 


We had downtime as well and it was spent walking the grounds or relaxing on the patio just taking in the view. Since there was no tv and limited phone and Internet we had to entertain ourselves with good old fashioned conversation and laughs. Each evening we had an optional get together. One night we had fun toning paper!

                               
                              

I didn't do a good job taking photos of my demo paintings so I will photograph the ones I have when I return home. I am anxious to get back into the studio to paint. I have so many inspiring photos! I'll be back to regular blogging this week! Here is a look at our lodging.






No comments: