Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, July 05, 2015

A Day in the Enchanted Forest

 

'The Enchanted Forest'. 5x7. Pastel. Karen Margulis

I spent the day in the shadow of the castle. It was a low key day spent relaxing and painting. We began the morning with a tour of the castle. It was awesome to see the inside. Many of the rooms have been restored with period furnishings. I could have spent hours poking around. We got to visit areas of the castle not normally seen on tours....like on the roof between towers! A great view but a bit scary!

The castle is surrounded by farmland and forests. I painted a view of these woods but I wanted a closer look.We drove a short distance and then got out to walk into the woods. We were looking for blueberries, beetles and mushrooms. We found all three. I also got some wonderful forest photos. It was magical.

 

Tomorrow I head to Stockholm for the night and then begin the final leg of this amazing journey....Finland!

 

1 comment:

robertsloan2art said...

LOVE the Enchanted Forest painting and photo. Cool bedroom! Cool mushrooms! Really enjoying your tour! Ari sheds Cat Hairs of Inspiration on you! (It's our anniversary today, 15 years ago I got the world's cutest kitten.)