Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Dripping Springs Texas Workshop Day 1 Report

  'Beyond the Trees'.     11x14.     Pastel  sold

I'm having a great time in Texas! It was day one of a 3 day workshop in Dripping Springs. I am hosted by the Butterfly Gallery and the talented owner and artist Marsha Young and her husband David. 


Today was our studio day. I have 12 fantastic students who worked very hard and did some great paintings. Tomorrow we head outside for an introduction to plein air Karen's style!  We are expecting good weather so fingers are crossed! 

I did two demos today showcasing an easy 6 step approach to simplifying a painting and also a pastel with a watercolor underpainting.(below)

'Bluebonnet Spring'     11 x 14      pastel         $165


No comments: