Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Tahoe Workshop Report Day 3

'Morning Majesty'. 5x7. Pastel. Plein air

I had the best of both worlds this week. Not only did I get to stay in a beautiful home surrounded by breathtaking scenery, I got to teach a wonderful group of ladies who are now my 'West Coast' friends .....and I got to paint for myself in my downtime. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Today began with another beautiful sunrise. I got my coffee, grabbed my pastels and went out on the front steps to paint before our workshop began.n The light on the pines were gorgeous and the sun felt great as I painted the pines. I even found a lucky feather.

I used my Giraults for this little Plein air study.

We set up again on the back patio for the morning lesson and demo. I finished just as the winds began to howl. We had to move to the shelter of the front porch and garage for the rest of the day. Today we did value underpainting with an alcohol wash. The paintings done by everyone today were awesome! You would never have guessed that some had only picked up their first pastel 3 days ago. I was so proud of all of their hard work . It was especially gratifying when talk turned to buying pastels and meeting again next year. I knew then that they were hooked!

Thank you and welcome to the wonderful world of pastels! It was a fabulous time!

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

robertsloan2art said...

Oh this looks like you held an incredible workshop! I just need to find a source of money and five more San Franciscans, maybe we can all meet up in Golden Gate Park someday if I can.

Love the plein air for today. That tree is spectacular, it has so much character and the light streaming through it is gorgeous. One of your best ever, and it's a plein air! Wow!