Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Friday, August 15, 2014

Sharing Pastels with the World!

'Hope Valley'        8x10        plein air pastel           ©Karen Margulis
I love to travel. Any opportunity to take a trip and I am interested. So when I was invited to teach a private workshop in Lake Tahoe I happily accepted. I will be able to share the wonderful medium of pastels with a group of 6 friends. Only one of the group has pastel experience so I am thrilled to be able to introduce them to the medium. How wonderful to be able to take my pastels to those who want to learn. It will be a 2 1/2 day workshop with some extra time for sightseeing.

I love sharing with small groups. I am able to tailor the workshop to the specific needs and desires of the group. For this workshop I sent a questionnaire to the group which gave me the information I needed to plan the sessions. Since this group is new to pastels we will begin with the basics and then experiment with different papers and underpaintings. I am excited about experiences I have planned. They have requested nests and sunflowers which will be great first pastel subjects!


My supplies and visual aids ready to pack
I am excited to visit Lake Tahoe again. I was there a few years ago in the fall for a Richard McKinley workshop. It was a wonderful experience in a beautiful part of the country. It will be nice to experience another season and different colors.  The painting in today's post was one of the plein air pastels I did at the workshop. I keep it in my bedroom as a reminder of a wonderful workshop with Richard. I hope that I can pass on my enthusiasm for pastel with the group!

If you have a small group and wish to host a private workshop in your part of the world let me know. My suitcase is always packed! email me for more information.

No comments: